Sunday 3 July 2011

British Tap Water

British tap water is now number one on my hit list.

It all started when my Reiki Master mentioned how Fluoride, a common additive in Britain's tap water, calcifies (CALCIFIES!!) the pituitary gland in the human brain.

Now I'm the type of person who when given new information, has to go and research it because it usually sounds ludicrous, this was no exception.

So I researched and researched and researched and found that, yes, Fluoride is known to calcify the pituitary gland.... what?

The irony of this story is that my friend in college would struggle to clean her teeth in the morning with fluoride toothpaste because it would give her a raging headache, which I dismissed as daft-ness (sorry Spadgecake). Maybe she was just more prone to the effects of fluoride. I hope not. I don't want her brain to be calcified!

At Buxton there was a stand about all of this. And a talk. And I am so mad at myself for not getting around to watching a talk or even just chatting to them at their stall.

The reason I am suddenly on a high horse about British tap water is because I cannot even SHOWER now without coming out in an itchy rash. It drives me mad with scratching. My arms and legs in particular.

The last time I ever itched like this was when I was having swimming lessons in my childhood... turns out I'm allergic to chlorine.

Also turns out that in certain places in the UK the powers that be pump EXTRA chlorine (that's a bleach by the way) into our water if they deem it too infected with other stuff.

What the hell are they putting into us? What happened to clean pure water that ran through our mountains?

By the way. The water people (really should find out who it is responsible for this) insist that even drinking water companies have to have a particular amount of fluoride in their pure water for the sake of our teeth.

Fluoride does absolutely nothing, NOTHING, for our teeth.

I'm still itching.

No comments:

Post a Comment